Sunday, September 12, 2010

Seventh Heaven Chocolate Truffle Cake

 
Are you vanilla or are you chocolate?

Well, if you're chocolate, then do I have a treat for you!  This week's Project Pastry Queen was a Seventh Heaven Chocolate Truffle Cake, picked by Sarah of 20something cupcakes.  It's a towering chocolate behemoth.  Chocolate cake, chocolate truffle filling and chocolate ganache frosting.  It contains more Ghirardelli in each slice than in the entire Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco!  (OK, that may be a teensy exaggeration but you get what I mean!)  

The only thing is that the Monarch and the Mrs' household is a wee bit saturated with the sweets this week (the Monarch will never admit this but it is so) - so I made a half recipe.  Three layers instead of six.  Only a pound of chocolate instead of two.  A half dozen eggs instead of a full dozen.....

But that still leaves me with the question: are you vanilla or chocolate?  Me?  Yes.  The answer is yes.  That's all I'm saying for now.

Here's my (disco-ed up!) version of the cake:

The chocolate cake.....


The chocolate truffle filling.....


The chocolate ganache.....


The whole kit-and-kaboodle.....

2 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

That looks amazing! I'm definitely vanilla but I'm going to make this very soon! I'm sad I skipped this week after seeing your pictures!

Kalyna said...

Thanks, Amanda!

Post a Comment