Monday, September 6, 2010

Jailhouse Potato Cinnamon Rolls


I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!

Well, I'm not late for the Mad Tea Party, but I'm a wee bit late in posting the Jailhouse Potato Cinnamon Buns, which is this week's challenge in the Project Pastry Queen.  See, a little earlier this summer I came across a recipe for peach kolaches, then another one for fried hand pies, and then one for a peach cream cheese tart.  I sensed a theme.  Sure enough, all the recipes were by the Pastry Queen, Rebecca Rather, proprietor-ess and baker-in-chief of the Rather Sweet Bakery & Cafe in Fredericksburg, Texas.  And, lucky for me, there was an established group of bloggers who dedicated themselves to baking their way through The Pastry Queen cookbook, and who graciously included me in their gang.  

So, the first recipe to come down the rabbit-hole is one for cinnamon buns.  It was chosen by Katy's Kitchen.  And it was a Texas-size recipe!  A half-batch netted about 16 rolls!  (The Monarch is a very happy man today!)

Here's how it went down.  For the recipe, check out Katy's blog.

Potato Cinnamon Buns


Yes, you did read right.  Potatoes.  In the dough.  

 
 The KitchenAid got a rest since the dough was mixed by hand.


Proofed...then punched down.  Jailhouse rolls are tough!




 Time to get things rolling.....






sliced, baked and iced.....  Enjoy!!!!!
 

2 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

Your rolls are gorgeous! Glad you decided to join the group! :D

Kalyna said...

Thanks! Your post had some awesome rolls as well! I agree with you - it was a very soft dough to work with. But as long as it tastes good...

Post a Comment