Thursday, July 15, 2010

Great Expectations!

Yikes!  Only four posts in and I'm already doing a recap!  Well, this isn't exactly a recap.  This is more like, what will that chick bake up next?  Does she even cook?  Will she stop making pies and make a cake or something already?  What's with all the fruit?  Where's the chocolate?  (Ahem.  A point of clarification.  By masquerading fruit as "dessert", I can get the Monarch to actually ingest some.  Just don't tell him, ok?)  And will we finally find out how Ted met his kids' mother?  I mean really.  C'mon, dude.  It's been five seasons already.  (OK, I can't really answer that one but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.)
 
So, let's address these one by one (because I'm fastidious that way).
 
Q: What will I bake up next?
A: Hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum, hum.... (I'm stalling.  See, even I'm not sure what I'm going to bake next.  Sometimes it's a long thought-out plan, sometimes it's on impulse, but most of the time it's what's screaming from the fridge asking me to make it now, now, now, otherwise it may not last until tomorrow!)
 
Q: What's with all the baking?  Does she even cook?
A:  How rude!  Of course I cook.
 
Somedays, it's all about the meat....
 Other days, it's all about the potatoes...
 Some days it's about keeping it simple....
And some days, it's not....

Q: Will she stop making pies and make a cake or something already?
A: Yup.  See.  It's that simple.  All you had to do was ask.
 
A Tres Tres Leche delight...
 
Or a honey of a yogurt cheesecake....

Oh, you meant a sky high cake?  Like skyscaper tall with loads of buttercream?  OK.  I'm on it.
 
Q: How about some chocolate?
A: I'm working on this. 
 
Q: What's with all the fruit desserts?
A: What have you got against fruit?!?
 
 Lemon is a sort of fruit, right?


And yes.  There will be more pie.

 
Happy now?

1 comment:

Post a Comment